Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13: Gluten Free Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping

Greetings loyal readers! Most of you know someone who is on a gluten free diet. I've been eating this way since 1995. Years ago my sweet friend, Nancy Z., made this cake for me one night and I enjoyed every bite! Any time someone goes out of their way to make a gluten free dish for me it is a true blessing.
I have been making this cheesecake for years but when I went to bake it today the recipe wasn't in my file. Thankfully, Nancy shared it with me once again so that I may share it with you. Please print this recipe off and keep it in your files so that you may bless your family or a gluten free friend!


















Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

Cheesecake Ingredients:

2 packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
2/3 cup sugar

Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and blend well. Add eggs one at a time combining all. Pour into a heavily buttered pie pan. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes until edges are golden.
Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes. (Decrease oven temperature to 350 while cake is cooling.)

Topping Ingredients:
1 - 8 ounce container sour cream
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Stir all topping ingredients together. Spread over cooled cheesecake and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Once the cheesecake has cooled refrigerate before cutting and serving. I always serve this cake with thawed frozen strawberries in syrup.

Enjoy! Happy Baking!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment