Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 19: Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake

This week I was asked to bake a cake for a group of men.  I knew it needed to be a large cake so I opted for the Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake I had recently seen on Pinterest.  The sheet cakes on my blog are sure to feed a crowd and are always enjoyed by all. Plus, they do not take long to bake.  I baked this cake at night, let it cool a bit and then covered it with foil. The next morning I made the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream Icing and it was ready for David's meeting that afternoon. 
Our oldest son, Benjamin, loves Snickerdoodle cookies so I have made many a dozen of those little gems; but this was my first Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake. It is the first of many to come.



Snicker Doodle Sheet Cake
Source:  Sweet Treats and More 

1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups cake flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

2 sticks butter, softened
1 and 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 and 1/4 cups milk

Preheat oven to 325.

Sift together the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one a time. Add vanilla.
Alternating, add flour mixture, then milk - in three batches, but end with the flour mixture.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cake cool, completely, before adding the buttercream icing.

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Buttercream
Source:  Sweet Treats and More

1 and 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons Half-n-Half (or milk)

Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Alternating, add powdered sugar and half and half.  Spread on  cake.


This cake is definitely a crowd pleaser.  Enjoy!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I will be making this very soon! Thank you for another recipe to add to my arsenal!!!

    ReplyDelete