Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 43: Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake and Perfectly Chocolate Frosting

I baked this cake last week-end and failed to post it this week.  I am still getting used to new responsibilities and a new routine and have been quite neglectful in getting my weekly recipes on my blog... on time.  The purpose of this blog is to have a place that my sweet daughter and future daughter in loves can come to - to get my cake recipes and a few new ones that I have added this year in the years to come; so I guess I'm not late after all.
When I teach all day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is get on the computer.  I like to get on some comfy clothes, play with our sweet Millie dog, feed our backyard birds and get dinner started.
I found Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake and Perfectly Chocolate Frosting on Pinterest and it took me to Barbara Schieving's blog: Barbara Bakes. Barbara is a wonderful cook, so I knew the cake would be delicious! 
David and Sam spent a few hours watching football last week-end and I knew they would enjoy a chocolate cake.  I was right!  They have been enjoying it all week! 


















Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake
Source: Barbara Bakes

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
 1/2 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; With a mixer, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Carefully, stir in boiling water. The batter will be very thin. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting.

Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

Happy Baking!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment