Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 45: Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

This easy cake is a family favorite. I made it during the week as we had new neighbors over for dinner and I needed a quick dessert.  I made a gooey butter cake for week 23 and many of you said this was one of your favorite cakes.  I so enjoy pumpkin in the fall so I thought our guests might too! Plus, I had several gluten free cake mixes on hand so I made this one gluten free so that I could enjoy it too!

















Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
Recipe from Paula Deen
Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make the cake, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Pat the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Prepare filling:
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Happy Baking!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment