Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 47: Fresh Strawberry Upside Down Cake

Week 47's cake was baked by my sweet friend, Amy Swartz. Do you have a friend who enjoys all the same things as you?  Last December we were at her niece's birthday party and we sat next to each other during dinner.  I enjoyed our conversation so much and felt such a kindred spirit with her. Amy has baked just about all of the cakes I have featured on 52 Weeks of Cakes. When she shared this cake that she had made with me, I knew I had to feature it on my blog. She described the cake as, "Extremely simple and oh so good!" Amy had one piece of cake left and was kind enough to take this picture for me!

















Fresh Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Source: Amy Swartz


Ingredients:

2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package

Instructions:


  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
  3. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.
Thank you, Amy!

Happy Baking!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! You and your blog are such a blessing to all of us and I appreciate you so much! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete