Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 48: Pumpkin Cheesecake

I trust all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Thanksgiving is right at the top of my favorite holidays! We truly have so much to be thankful for!
I begin preparing the food for this special day a few days before Thanksgiving.  This year the very first thing I prepared was a delicious pumpkin cheesecake. 
















My dear friend, Amy Roland, shared this recipe with me years ago after her mother had prepared it for their Thanksgiving dessert.
As you can see I wrapped the spring form pan in several layers of heavy foil.  Then I set it in a large baking dish and poured water into the large pan, about half up the side.  Doing this prevents the cheesecake from wrapping and the several layers of foil keeps the water out of my cake.  I made this cake on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, put it in the refrigerator once it had cooled completely and gave a thankful sigh of relief knowing my dessert for Thursday was complete.  I do hope you will bake one for your family and friends.  It is truly a crowd pleaser!

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Source: Amy Roland


Crust:
1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter, softened
Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a buttered, large  spring form pan.


3 bars of cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup regular sugar
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 16 oz can of pumpkin
1 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup whipping cream

Beat the softened cream cheese with the sugars until creamy.  Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.  Add pumpkin, spice and whipping cream and mix well.
Pour into your pan and bake for 90 minutes at 325°.

Prepare topping of:
3/4 cups of brown sugar
6 T. butter chilled
1 and 1/2 cups of chopped pecans

Using a pastry cutter or two forks mix together and place on top of cheesecake and bake for another 15 minutes.

Happy Baking!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment