Monday, December 31, 2012

Week 52: Sour Cream Pound Cake

Less than two hours until we say, "Goodbye" to 2012 and I just pulled cake #52 out of the oven.
Each year David and I invite a few friends over to watch football and enjoy a New Year's meal.  I decided to make a pound cake. It is one of David's favorite cakes and I thought it would be a great end to this blog.  I had already baked a Million Dollar Pound Cake, a 7-Up Pound Cake and a Cream Cheese Pound Cake so I decided to try Paula Deen's Sour Cream Pound Cake. Her recipe called for one teaspoon of vanilla; but I added 1 teaspoon of pure almond extract along with vanilla.  I will serve fresh berries with this cake tomorrow.
Happy New Year and thank you for following this blog.  My blog for 2013 will be broader than just cakes... 52 Weeks of Favorite Recipes.  I will begin posting new recipes this week!!!   I hope you will follow along on this new blog.
















Sour Cream Pound Cake
          (Source: Paula Deen)

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
3 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time. Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 8 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. 

Happy Baking Dear Friends!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment